Skip to main content

My colourful March 2022 - Lolski in Paris Part 1

 Hi how are you? I hope you’re doing fine^^


Salut from Paris!


Yes I finally flew to Paris for my final exam as an Image Consulting student. I will break this topic into many..many posts because I stay here for one month, and I am travelling solo, and so far it has been one of the greatest moment in my life!


I wanted to start by preparing everything before I flew to Paris, VISA. The truth was, I hadn’t gone anywhere for the purpose of study in like..15 years? Anyway, I was applying for “Student/Entrance Examination Short Stay Visa”.


Disclaimer: this is my personal experience when applying for visa in February 2022, there will probably be adjustment in some parts, especially about the travelling policy due to the pandemic. My trip was arranged by a travel agent, since I thought I might find difficulties to adapt with current travelling situation & policies, and changes that may occurred. 


You need to register for an appointment for your visa application by online, you can ask your travel agent, or do it yourself, but it is important to at least get a date of your appointment, then in parallel you complete all the documents, because you may not get the date you expected due to the volume of travellers. I think mine was around the Paris Fashion Week 2022.


Here’s the list of documents that I have to create (and translate to English or French, I still have some documents in French for my 2005 study in Vichy):

  1. Visa application form
  2. Valid passport and copies of your previous visas (if it’s in your previous passport, submit it along)
  3. National ID (copy)
  4. Family Card (copy)
  5. Photo 3,5x4,5 on white background (2 copies)
  6. Official enrolment of your school/university/course - I submitted all my preliminary contact with the school as well
  7. Formal invitation letter from the school
  8. Airline ticket
  9. Accommodation arrangement during your studies
  10. Motivational letter - reason why you choose the school in Paris, etc
  11. Proof of financial means - letter from the bank, and your bank statement for at least the last 3 months period
  12. Latest education certificate
  13. Sponsor letter - this may vary and you can consult with your travel agent, but mine advised that since I didn’t work at the time of the application process, I need a sponsor letter.
  14. Travel insurance
  15. Vaccine certificate 


The visa fee was IDR 2,550,000, I had the additional service of premium lounge by TLS - IDR 787,000



Et Voila!! My new journey had begun :) 



It was a long flight, and I didn't have time to cure my jetlag because as soon as I arrived, I joined my class. Yes, Paris was free from the quarantine, but make sure you bring your Vaccine certificate and your test result (negative, of course!).


I will continue my journey in the next post, but for now, stay safe, healthy, and happy!


Bisou bisou!!!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Job Interview From Home - Space Preparation

My last post was about helping my cousin create a resume, so I thought to continue about the job interview, which commonly done online these days. My last job interview was on March 2020, that was the first online job interview for me. It made me anxious and relaxed at the same time.   Anxious, because well it’s a job interview and I really wanted the job, so I didn’t want to make errors from the lack of internet until how I answered the questions from the HR personnel and the user. The relaxing part was that I got to make my own ambiance, from sitting on my favourite chair, using my favourite room scent, and the light that made me look nice and confident.   If you are doing a job interview at home, and at the interview time other members of your household are present, you want to inform them about your interview schedule . That way, you won’t be surprised on loud TV noises or people chatting near your “interview zone”. I have a dedicated room to do my interviews/online conferences act

GRWM with The One Contouring Kit by Oriflame

Hey how are you? So I have been drowning with my project as an Image Styling Management student. Yes, that is the education I finally decided to take, after a long thought and consideration. I will talk about this in parts because I am still grasping everything, and today I am going to visit my first volunteer client (I’m not sure with this terminology..), so let’s get ready!! For this post, I am highlighting my old but one of my fave contouring kit so far, and from the brand I never thought I would purchase from but now I am considering everything from this brand :D It’s the Oriflame The One Contouring Kit. This is “old” because I just saw the newest edition for this kit, and that would mean this has been stored in my drawer for quite a long time….Well anyway, I’m telling you this one is practical, and it blends quite well with my skin.   Disclaimer: My home lights and colour ambiances may result different than yours, but I didn’t use any of the filter from my phone, just the normal o

My work stations at home (1) : Outdoor set

  Hey all! How is it going? I finally registered to one of Indonesia’s top unis for my doctorate degree plan, wish me luck! I still have one more options but it doesn’t start the registration session until early next year, so I will be waiting patiently about that. I have been reading and taking the test simulations with some books, and the tests will be next week, so I thought I will slow down for one day. I have done what I can and I deserve a little break >.<   It has been uneasy to switch your behaviour from working to studying hahaha. I mostly do my work inside, in a room, for concentration, but for the slowing down day, I’m just going to do a little bit of my freelance task, and a lot of Prime Video, I need some good outdoor set, also to get some sun because I have been spending most of my times in a room with an AC.   As per usual, I prepared myself in the morning with a little bit of make-up, just to keep my discipline in grooming myself, because as fun as lounge-wear bec