Skip to main content

Weekend at a kid-friendly hotel in Sentul City


At the beginning of February 2020, me and my sister took our nephew for a staycation nearby Jakarta. My nephew is 10, he is no longer a little child, but still need that attention. So every time we have the time, we would take him to places where he can play, and us adults can chill.

So we booked a hotel in Sentul City area, located near Bogor, West Java. We packed light, and planning two things: play and eat. Among several choice, we agreed to stay at Harris hotel. I’ve known Harris in different location from work, and one thing that I can say is: good food! I have had some lunches and dinners there, and everything is quite satisfying.


We went on Saturday morning from Jakarta, it was a good decision that my sister stopped to by some fruits, because the traffic jam was so bad (via toll route). We planned to stop by near hotel for lunch, but it got cancelled because Sentul City area was also very crowded (the hotel informed us that there was a regular big religious event at the convention center in font of the hotel), good to know for the future, we may ask the receptionist first before we arrive, so we can wait nearby (we peeked some cool places and cute cafes)



We arrived at around 2.30 pm, hungry. After check-in, we sat in the restaurant (outdoor), the waiter recommended Kopi Bujang – coffee and brown sugar, so that was what we ordered, and some lunch. I didn’t get the pic of the coffee, but it was good (served hot). The fish sandwich for my nephew was also good, he finished most of it, still on that picky food eater stage so I was glad, because he has been staring on the swimming pool.


nephew's fish sandwich lunch

At about 3 pm, the pool was still empty, so we let nephew prepare for his swimming sesh. I saw a cute (but not too girly) floatie, and rented one for him ( IDR 50k/2hr), and also seeing some bikes for rent. The hotel had a huge area for the kids (and adults) to bike around. 

not easy getting on that floatie
happy kid!


Our room is on the 6th floor, but if I were to stay again at this hotel, will surely book the ground floor, which has access straight to the pool (#bestaunty). The nephew had so much fun enjoying his “private pool” for about 30 minutes, then it got full, still they could enjoy because it was not overcrowded.


16:30 we went to our room, it was a standard room but everything was clean and proper. On the corner of the desk, in front of our bed, there was this ceramic aromatherapy oil burner, but we didn’t get to try. It was a good idea though, to have a spa like moment in your room, to relax before you sleep.


We took a little rest, while my nephew showered and we made plan for dinner and ice cream. As I sat on my bed, this is my view, not bad at all:
remind me to open the blinds fully in the morning


The weather was quite cool, so we decided to check out some of the facilities before heading out to dinner outside. Many of my friends have little children, so I thought I would share if there are some interesting and kid-friendly activities.

This hotel had a lot to offer, kids would love it, and I guessed they would not run out of space to play, indoor and outdoor. My first view was this cozy, outdoor space (different than the restaurant area) where you can have your coffee (or like me, celery & pineapple juice). When sitting there, you can see a large soccer field for kids and adults to play
best spot for me

soccer field


For smaller kids (not necessarily, I guessed we adult can also make cute pics there as long as you queue properly), you can play here and parents can oversee you while standing. I think the indoor playground is also available but didn't get to check that out. 
Playground

Take a little walk towards the north, you will find more attraction, and this time, adults can supervise while sitting in a cute Harris branded chairs and table.
fishing!

Hobbit house!


trampoline!

seating area


 
Since I didn’t spend more time at the hotel (the next day I woke up late and left before lunch time), so what I can say is, this is one of the nicest kid friendly stay. Staffs were also aware of that, they have sufficient head counts in the team and had that super friendly and patient attitude. 

I think if one thing I could suggest is, they activate again the spa service (I asked the staff, they didn’t have it here. But Harris Kelapa Gading has it, I went there last year). 


I hope parents with kids would find this piece interesting, and for the rest of the facilities you can google the website. And I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My work stations at home (1) : Outdoor set

  Hey all! How is it going? I finally registered to one of Indonesia’s top unis for my doctorate degree plan, wish me luck! I still have one more options but it doesn’t start the registration session until early next year, so I will be waiting patiently about that. I have been reading and taking the test simulations with some books, and the tests will be next week, so I thought I will slow down for one day. I have done what I can and I deserve a little break >.<   It has been uneasy to switch your behaviour from working to studying hahaha. I mostly do my work inside, in a room, for concentration, but for the slowing down day, I’m just going to do a little bit of my freelance task, and a lot of Prime Video, I need some good outdoor set, also to get some sun because I have been spending most of my times in a room with an AC.   As per usual, I prepared myself in the morning with a little bit of make-up, just to keep my discipline in grooming myself, because as fun as lounge-wear bec

Online Job Interview From Home - Space Preparation

My last post was about helping my cousin create a resume, so I thought to continue about the job interview, which commonly done online these days. My last job interview was on March 2020, that was the first online job interview for me. It made me anxious and relaxed at the same time.   Anxious, because well it’s a job interview and I really wanted the job, so I didn’t want to make errors from the lack of internet until how I answered the questions from the HR personnel and the user. The relaxing part was that I got to make my own ambiance, from sitting on my favourite chair, using my favourite room scent, and the light that made me look nice and confident.   If you are doing a job interview at home, and at the interview time other members of your household are present, you want to inform them about your interview schedule . That way, you won’t be surprised on loud TV noises or people chatting near your “interview zone”. I have a dedicated room to do my interviews/online conferences act

GRWM with The One Contouring Kit by Oriflame

Hey how are you? So I have been drowning with my project as an Image Styling Management student. Yes, that is the education I finally decided to take, after a long thought and consideration. I will talk about this in parts because I am still grasping everything, and today I am going to visit my first volunteer client (I’m not sure with this terminology..), so let’s get ready!! For this post, I am highlighting my old but one of my fave contouring kit so far, and from the brand I never thought I would purchase from but now I am considering everything from this brand :D It’s the Oriflame The One Contouring Kit. This is “old” because I just saw the newest edition for this kit, and that would mean this has been stored in my drawer for quite a long time….Well anyway, I’m telling you this one is practical, and it blends quite well with my skin.   Disclaimer: My home lights and colour ambiances may result different than yours, but I didn’t use any of the filter from my phone, just the normal o