Skip to main content

#FashionEdit: Keeping it in 2021! - Denim Top












How is everyone doing? I hope you guys are staying safe and healthy all the time. 

One of the perks of "slowing down" on your activities (I am doing 90% of things at home recently, thanks to WFH), is that I have time, more than ever, to take care of things at home. Fashion edits being on of my favourite^^

In summary, I have lots of clothes, I live in a two floors house, and I have clothing storage in both floors. Some I keep because it was full of great memories when wearing them, some because I keep all the things that still in a good shape and colours, and try to wear them in dozens of different ways. This way I get creative, and also try to slow down on purchasing new items.

For this post, is the one I bought last year. A top made from denim fabric, bought it at one of the factory outlet in Bandung (forgot which one), the label is M.n.t

One of little numbers of denim clothing I owned, and loving!

Disclaimer: This photo might not reflect the new item colour, because it has gone through so many washes, and also my room lighting is a bit yellowish

I don't have a lot of denim items, because it's a heavy material and tends to be so heavy when washing. And I might not be popular because of this opinion, but I don't like travelling with jeans or denim items (we'll talk about this later). 

Last year, the only denim I had was this, and one pair of jeans (I KNOW RIGHT) - I did have a ripped jeans, bought like 4 years ago, still in my closet and I didn't wear it because I gained weight, and it didn't fit, but I'm not sad about it.

Back to this item, I like it because it has that couple and it just look cool and different. I realise that it would be easily identified every time I wear that, but with the spirit of slower fashion, I will try to pair it so it creates a different look everytime.

I have tried the tulle skirt.

  

This is one of my favorite look!

I also have been wearing it to the office, with a black trouser, as predicted. 

This afternoon, I went for a quick lunch with my sister and nephew, I paired it with my Uniqlo pants (soo comfy, I have it in 4 colours!!), I picked the beige one, yeah it's kind of similar with the skirt but this time is more casual look

I love this look, and it's super comfortable ^^

What do you think I should pair this top next? How to make it look different than the two?

By the way, we just had a very lovely seafood lunch. Will be reporting to you soon. 

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My work stations at home (1) : Outdoor set

  Hey all! How is it going? I finally registered to one of Indonesia’s top unis for my doctorate degree plan, wish me luck! I still have one more options but it doesn’t start the registration session until early next year, so I will be waiting patiently about that. I have been reading and taking the test simulations with some books, and the tests will be next week, so I thought I will slow down for one day. I have done what I can and I deserve a little break >.<   It has been uneasy to switch your behaviour from working to studying hahaha. I mostly do my work inside, in a room, for concentration, but for the slowing down day, I’m just going to do a little bit of my freelance task, and a lot of Prime Video, I need some good outdoor set, also to get some sun because I have been spending most of my times in a room with an AC.   As per usual, I prepared myself in the morning with a little bit of make-up, just to keep my discipline in grooming myself, because as fun as lounge-wear bec

Online Job Interview From Home - Space Preparation

My last post was about helping my cousin create a resume, so I thought to continue about the job interview, which commonly done online these days. My last job interview was on March 2020, that was the first online job interview for me. It made me anxious and relaxed at the same time.   Anxious, because well it’s a job interview and I really wanted the job, so I didn’t want to make errors from the lack of internet until how I answered the questions from the HR personnel and the user. The relaxing part was that I got to make my own ambiance, from sitting on my favourite chair, using my favourite room scent, and the light that made me look nice and confident.   If you are doing a job interview at home, and at the interview time other members of your household are present, you want to inform them about your interview schedule . That way, you won’t be surprised on loud TV noises or people chatting near your “interview zone”. I have a dedicated room to do my interviews/online conferences act

Private dining experience in the #newnormal

Two weeks ago was my sister in law's birthday. We want to do something nice, we are all bunch of foodies so we decided to go for super early dinner. Thankful for some friends whom shared some references of some locations that we thought were quite comfortable to go and enjoy during this #newnormal time We decided to book a dining session at a Japanese restaurant called Furusato Izakaya , located in Sudirman area in Jakarta, for 5pm dine in, because we thought that it would be less crowded. And it was a private dining, so we felt more comfortable. They did inform us that it was 2 hour period of booking, which was fine by us, because we rarely stayed long in public areas these days. My mom looked super chic at the entrance^^ The restaurant reminded me of a traditional Japanese restaurant. The private dining area was located at the second floor. From the moment we walked in, the clean and health facility was satisfying such as liquid disinfectant, distance signage, people wearing mask