Skip to main content

Maskara review [1] : The Benefit Bad gal Bang Mascara

I have a long and "heavy" lashes, that with a help of mascara, my eyes could look bigger and i feel beautiful :)

I have tried lots of mascaras, most of the purchase reasons are the packaging is cute, and positive reviews. Currently I am using the Benefit Bad gal Bang Mascara, because of the unique (edgy) name, and it's has cool black, pink, and silver packaging, and I have seen lots of positive reviews about this one. The price, well it's pricey for me (sorry I lost the receipt, but it was above IDR 350k in Sephora PIM 2). 

Black and pink, BANG!

The mascara wand is slim and has short brush (I think it is called the slimpact brush), it is easy to apply onto the roots of my lashes. There are some other benefits but for me this is the most important.. hi hi

It takes 3 layers for me reach the desirable result. If I am not patients though, it will smear a little. My tips would be to sit down (don't do it inside a moving car >.<), and between the layer, do take several seconds so it will dry frist, then add the next layer. 

Slimpact brush




It takes me about 2 minutes for the mascara to blend with my lashes, and curls almost perfectly :) By the way, I always use an eye curler before using a mascara, so I have not tried this one without. However based on my desktop research, it will curl nicely as well.

Thick and curly finish, i love it. Please ignore my weird pose..


Does it smudge? in my case, yes, a little bit. I have super oily complexion so it will be inevitable, with any other mascara too. I just have to prepare some wet tissues in my bag and take a little swipe under my eyes whenever needed, no biggie!

And at the end of the day, it is very easy to clean, I just use make up remover or micellar water (I'm using the Maybelline Eye+Lip Make Up Remover and the Garnier Water Rose Micellar Cleansing Water). 

What is my take on this mascara? 9/10 because of the price point, it is pricey for me. However, I will probably make a repurchase because I LOVE the result.

I will be writing about my Top 10 mascara, but so far I have only found 5. So if you guys are reading this, and have the mascara that you love, tell me! I would love to try it :)

Meanwhile, stay safe and healthy.


 





Comments

  1. kurang suka tip nya mascara yang model gitu, kalau di bulu mata aku jadinya kayak gimbal gitu, jadi ngumpul, ngerti kan maksudnya hahaha.. Suka yang ujungnya modelnya kayak ada sisirnya, jadi lebih natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. huahahaha beda-beda selera yes, mau dong rekomendasi brand-nya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Job Interview From Home - Space Preparation

My last post was about helping my cousin create a resume, so I thought to continue about the job interview, which commonly done online these days. My last job interview was on March 2020, that was the first online job interview for me. It made me anxious and relaxed at the same time.   Anxious, because well it’s a job interview and I really wanted the job, so I didn’t want to make errors from the lack of internet until how I answered the questions from the HR personnel and the user. The relaxing part was that I got to make my own ambiance, from sitting on my favourite chair, using my favourite room scent, and the light that made me look nice and confident.   If you are doing a job interview at home, and at the interview time other members of your household are present, you want to inform them about your interview schedule . That way, you won’t be surprised on loud TV noises or people chatting near your “interview zone”. I have a dedicated room to do my interviews/online conferences act

GRWM with The One Contouring Kit by Oriflame

Hey how are you? So I have been drowning with my project as an Image Styling Management student. Yes, that is the education I finally decided to take, after a long thought and consideration. I will talk about this in parts because I am still grasping everything, and today I am going to visit my first volunteer client (I’m not sure with this terminology..), so let’s get ready!! For this post, I am highlighting my old but one of my fave contouring kit so far, and from the brand I never thought I would purchase from but now I am considering everything from this brand :D It’s the Oriflame The One Contouring Kit. This is “old” because I just saw the newest edition for this kit, and that would mean this has been stored in my drawer for quite a long time….Well anyway, I’m telling you this one is practical, and it blends quite well with my skin.   Disclaimer: My home lights and colour ambiances may result different than yours, but I didn’t use any of the filter from my phone, just the normal o

My work stations at home (1) : Outdoor set

  Hey all! How is it going? I finally registered to one of Indonesia’s top unis for my doctorate degree plan, wish me luck! I still have one more options but it doesn’t start the registration session until early next year, so I will be waiting patiently about that. I have been reading and taking the test simulations with some books, and the tests will be next week, so I thought I will slow down for one day. I have done what I can and I deserve a little break >.<   It has been uneasy to switch your behaviour from working to studying hahaha. I mostly do my work inside, in a room, for concentration, but for the slowing down day, I’m just going to do a little bit of my freelance task, and a lot of Prime Video, I need some good outdoor set, also to get some sun because I have been spending most of my times in a room with an AC.   As per usual, I prepared myself in the morning with a little bit of make-up, just to keep my discipline in grooming myself, because as fun as lounge-wear bec