Skip to main content

I got my first vaccine

 


Disclaimer: this is my personal experience on Jun 24th 2021, there might be some updates in policies, etc


I was afraid. Yes that’s what I felt about this whole vaccination at first. I was afraid of the side effects (from what I heard and read) I don’t know which vaccine was “the best”, and what would I do if I got that side effects, given I was alone at home most of the time.


Then, all of my family members got vaccinated, so did some of my closest friends, and all were convincing that it’s gonna be okay.  My brother sent me a link, vaksinasi-corona.jakarta.go.id explaining that I could get vaccinated just by typing my ID card and it would direct me to a specific location in Jakarta - now everybody, not just Jakarta ID card holder can. I realised that this is for the better, and if I could contribute even with the smallest gesture, and boost my immunity for my own sake too, this would be it.


Registration was easy, less than 10 minutes for me to fill all my personal information and general health questions. I was given options for the available dates and hours, I picked 24 Jun. I rested well the night before (well, less than 7 hours because I was a little bit anxious >.<). In the morning, I had a bread and vitamin C for breakfast.


Sorry for the limited pics in this post, as I was quite anxious being in a public space with a lot of people, and afraid that I would miss informations if I took my focus else where (I KNOW..so focused!). Based on my ID card, I was appointed to a junior high school located in Cilandak, it was very spacious so I was a bit relieved. 


Having done the online registration did have its advantage, because everyone seemed to get there in time as scheduled, so no unnecessary long queue. overall so, because the committee kept a strict numbers on how many people could be there everyday, including the“on-the-spot” registration - I saw a cardboard sign about this went I was exiting the location.


The staffs were very nice, even the parking staff can direct me to them so I wouldn’t get lost. I got a waiting number (40, I arrived about 8.45am), re-registered manually, called for some verification on my data, and told that my vaccine was Sinovac (I think..maybe we could get this information earlier through website, but one of my friends got earlier schedule at the same location, and he informed me about this), then waited for body temperature and blood pressure checking, all well. I then moved into interview about my health history (kind of the same with the questionnaire I filled online), and finally getting the shot. All took less than 10 minutes.


After that I was asked to wait for 15 minutes, just to see if there was a reaction to the shot. When the staff called my name and asked if I feel okay, and I said yes, she said I could go home and back for my second shot on July 23rd. I was given numbers that I could text or call should I feel not good like high fever or anything, or I could just go to the nearest hospital or health center. Good enough for me.


DONE!



Before going home, I stopped by for breakfast, I felt hungry and sleepy the rest of the day.. I ate main meals and snacks the whole day. I felt light stiff/sore in the injection spot and consumed paracetamol and rested well. My body did get warmer around 7 pm, but only for a couple of hours, and it was better after I got some sleep.


My big second breakfast :p



So this is what I gathered from my first vaccine experience, hopefully this is useful:

  1. You can do a general check up first or even PCR/antigen test if you have certain condition, or if you want to be sure you are healthy and ready to receive a vaccine. 
  2. Online registration to avoid hassle in location
  3. Prepare your ID
  4. Bring a mini-fan, for a more comfortable waiting - sanitation is a must, extra masks to replace your sweaty ones, water, and your own pen to fill some forms. 
  5. Get a well rest the night before
  6. Ask questions, gather information of the next vaccination and general health care, contacts, etc
  7. Eat, eat, eat - eating healthy food is better :)
  8. Move your body, do a little bit of exercise
  9. Consume your paracetamol, don’t wait until your body temperature gets warmer
  10. Keep a compress fever plaster 
  11. Enough resting
  12. Share your vaccine experience and information - I think this is good to help your circle for information to get a public vaccine, and normalise their expectation on post-vaccine (Thank you my friends!!)


Hopefully this pandemic is over soon, but meanwhile, stay safe and healthy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My work stations at home (1) : Outdoor set

  Hey all! How is it going? I finally registered to one of Indonesia’s top unis for my doctorate degree plan, wish me luck! I still have one more options but it doesn’t start the registration session until early next year, so I will be waiting patiently about that. I have been reading and taking the test simulations with some books, and the tests will be next week, so I thought I will slow down for one day. I have done what I can and I deserve a little break >.<   It has been uneasy to switch your behaviour from working to studying hahaha. I mostly do my work inside, in a room, for concentration, but for the slowing down day, I’m just going to do a little bit of my freelance task, and a lot of Prime Video, I need some good outdoor set, also to get some sun because I have been spending most of my times in a room with an AC.   As per usual, I prepared myself in the morning with a little bit of make-up, just to keep my discipline in grooming myself, because as fun as lounge-wear bec

Online Job Interview From Home - Space Preparation

My last post was about helping my cousin create a resume, so I thought to continue about the job interview, which commonly done online these days. My last job interview was on March 2020, that was the first online job interview for me. It made me anxious and relaxed at the same time.   Anxious, because well it’s a job interview and I really wanted the job, so I didn’t want to make errors from the lack of internet until how I answered the questions from the HR personnel and the user. The relaxing part was that I got to make my own ambiance, from sitting on my favourite chair, using my favourite room scent, and the light that made me look nice and confident.   If you are doing a job interview at home, and at the interview time other members of your household are present, you want to inform them about your interview schedule . That way, you won’t be surprised on loud TV noises or people chatting near your “interview zone”. I have a dedicated room to do my interviews/online conferences act

GRWM with The One Contouring Kit by Oriflame

Hey how are you? So I have been drowning with my project as an Image Styling Management student. Yes, that is the education I finally decided to take, after a long thought and consideration. I will talk about this in parts because I am still grasping everything, and today I am going to visit my first volunteer client (I’m not sure with this terminology..), so let’s get ready!! For this post, I am highlighting my old but one of my fave contouring kit so far, and from the brand I never thought I would purchase from but now I am considering everything from this brand :D It’s the Oriflame The One Contouring Kit. This is “old” because I just saw the newest edition for this kit, and that would mean this has been stored in my drawer for quite a long time….Well anyway, I’m telling you this one is practical, and it blends quite well with my skin.   Disclaimer: My home lights and colour ambiances may result different than yours, but I didn’t use any of the filter from my phone, just the normal o