Skip to main content

Online Job Interview From Home - Space Preparation

My last post was about helping my cousin create a resume, so I thought to continue about the job interview, which commonly done online these days. My last job interview was on March 2020, that was the first online job interview for me. It made me anxious and relaxed at the same time. 

Anxious, because well it’s a job interview and I really wanted the job, so I didn’t want to make errors from the lack of internet until how I answered the questions from the HR personnel and the user. The relaxing part was that I got to make my own ambiance, from sitting on my favourite chair, using my favourite room scent, and the light that made me look nice and confident. 


If you are doing a job interview at home, and at the interview time other members of your household are present, you want to inform them about your interview schedule. That way, you won’t be surprised on loud TV noises or people chatting near your “interview zone”. I have a dedicated room to do my interviews/online conferences activities, even when I do inform my family, there are still voices of food hawkers peddling their stuff in the neighbourhood, some even using mics^^, so I guess keeping the voices at maximum effort is necessary.


Then, if the location you select is not you usual place to work, I suggest you familiarise with the surrounding first. Do you need to tidy up your background, or add a portable fan (if it doesn’t have AC and it’s warm), or whether it needs a supporting light. I have this cute and useful for both cooling and adding extra lights


Disclaimer: I have more bright lighting from the head light than this in my real situation, but I think this ambience will display better for the purpose of some items that I'm showing for this post 

This is portable so I can bring this wherever :D

Now you are touching upon the most important things: your laptop/phone & necessary documents. Make sure it is fully charged, or you can find the nearest socket to plug in, this is very important so you don’t get disconnected, or seen running around to find a charging outlet in the house. Then whatever documents you feel important to keep around - mine for example, is my resume, one pager of the subjected company to the interview, and a blank paper and pen (I am using my iPad) should there be notes. I may not use them all, but I feel more confident when they are near, just in case.




A glass of water, or your favourite beverages like tea or coffee, so you don’t have to excuse yourself during the interview to go to the fridge, in case the meeting turns a little bit longer. 


Last but not least, your favourite scent. It can be your own perfume, or an aromatherapy, just so you feel calm, relax, confident, etc. I always put on a perfume during an online meetings, the scent just makes me lifted and confident. If you don’t usually wear perfume, recently I just found another alternatives, by using the personal diffuser (mine is by Young Living), and I have been using the Lavender essential oil, and it feels great as well :)


You can use different essential oils according to your mood goal!

I think my set is done. What do you think you would add in your set-up? 

Have a great day! ^^






Comments

  1. this is an excellent post I got a lot of knowledge after reading good luck.
    Sewa Dedicated desk Medan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My work stations at home (1) : Outdoor set

  Hey all! How is it going? I finally registered to one of Indonesia’s top unis for my doctorate degree plan, wish me luck! I still have one more options but it doesn’t start the registration session until early next year, so I will be waiting patiently about that. I have been reading and taking the test simulations with some books, and the tests will be next week, so I thought I will slow down for one day. I have done what I can and I deserve a little break >.<   It has been uneasy to switch your behaviour from working to studying hahaha. I mostly do my work inside, in a room, for concentration, but for the slowing down day, I’m just going to do a little bit of my freelance task, and a lot of Prime Video, I need some good outdoor set, also to get some sun because I have been spending most of my times in a room with an AC.   As per usual, I prepared myself in the morning with a little bit of make-up, just to keep my discipline in grooming myself, because as fun as lounge-wear bec

Private dining experience in the #newnormal

Two weeks ago was my sister in law's birthday. We want to do something nice, we are all bunch of foodies so we decided to go for super early dinner. Thankful for some friends whom shared some references of some locations that we thought were quite comfortable to go and enjoy during this #newnormal time We decided to book a dining session at a Japanese restaurant called Furusato Izakaya , located in Sudirman area in Jakarta, for 5pm dine in, because we thought that it would be less crowded. And it was a private dining, so we felt more comfortable. They did inform us that it was 2 hour period of booking, which was fine by us, because we rarely stayed long in public areas these days. My mom looked super chic at the entrance^^ The restaurant reminded me of a traditional Japanese restaurant. The private dining area was located at the second floor. From the moment we walked in, the clean and health facility was satisfying such as liquid disinfectant, distance signage, people wearing mask